Man jumps before Metro train in Uttam Nagar station
New Delhi: A 34-year-old man on Thursday committed suicide by jumping before a Delhi Metro train at Uttam Nagar West Metro station, police said.
According to the police, Desh Raj, who worked at a sweet shop and lived in Uttam Nagar, jumped before the train which was going towards Rajiv Chowk on Dwarka-Noida City Centre corridor.
The incident took place at around 12:00 PM and train services were affected for sometime due to the incident, a Metro official said.
The reason behind the man`s extreme step is yet to be ascertained as no suicide note was recovered from the spot, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das