Man jumps before Metro train in Uttam Nagar station
New Delhi: A 34-year-old man on Thursday committed suicide by jumping before a Delhi Metro train at Uttam Nagar West Metro station, police said.
According to the police, Desh Raj, who worked at a sweet shop and lived in Uttam Nagar, jumped before the train which was going towards Rajiv Chowk on Dwarka-Noida City Centre corridor.
The incident took place at around 12:00 PM and train services were affected for sometime due to the incident, a Metro official said.
The reason behind the man`s extreme step is yet to be ascertained as no suicide note was recovered from the spot, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference