Man jumps before Metro train in Uttam Nagar station
New Delhi: A 34-year-old man on Thursday committed suicide by jumping before a Delhi Metro train at Uttam Nagar West Metro station, police said.
According to the police, Desh Raj, who worked at a sweet shop and lived in Uttam Nagar, jumped before the train which was going towards Rajiv Chowk on Dwarka-Noida City Centre corridor.
The incident took place at around 12:00 PM and train services were affected for sometime due to the incident, a Metro official said.
The reason behind the man`s extreme step is yet to be ascertained as no suicide note was recovered from the spot, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj