Man jumps before Metro train in Uttam Nagar station
New Delhi: A 34-year-old man on Thursday committed suicide by jumping before a Delhi Metro train at Uttam Nagar West Metro station, police said.
According to the police, Desh Raj, who worked at a sweet shop and lived in Uttam Nagar, jumped before the train which was going towards Rajiv Chowk on Dwarka-Noida City Centre corridor.
The incident took place at around 12:00 PM and train services were affected for sometime due to the incident, a Metro official said.
The reason behind the man`s extreme step is yet to be ascertained as no suicide note was recovered from the spot, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing