Man jumps before Metro train in Uttam Nagar station
New Delhi: A 34-year-old man on Thursday committed suicide by jumping before a Delhi Metro train at Uttam Nagar West Metro station, police said.
According to the police, Desh Raj, who worked at a sweet shop and lived in Uttam Nagar, jumped before the train which was going towards Rajiv Chowk on Dwarka-Noida City Centre corridor.
The incident took place at around 12:00 PM and train services were affected for sometime due to the incident, a Metro official said.
The reason behind the man`s extreme step is yet to be ascertained as no suicide note was recovered from the spot, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!