Man killed for failing to pay hotel bill of Rs 180
New Delhi: A 30-year-old man was beaten to death allegedly by an eatery owner and his aides after he failed to pay a bill of Rs 180 to them in south Delhi, police said on Friday.
The incident took place in INA market last night and deceased has been identified as Deepak.
Deepak along with his two relatives had gone to the hotel for dinner and after having the food he got a bill of Rs 180.
However, Deepak told the owner that he will pay the money later, police said.
The owner and some others then started beating up Deepak, his family alleged.
They took Deepak to the latter`s house where his family intervened and paid the bill.
However, the family claimed that the owner and others continued beating Deepak, took him to the terrace of the building and threw him down. He fell on a car.
Deepak was rushed to AIIMS where he was declared brought dead.
Police said they were verifying the allegations made by the family. Some people are being questioned in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance