Man killed for failing to pay hotel bill of Rs 180
New Delhi: A 30-year-old man was beaten to death allegedly by an eatery owner and his aides after he failed to pay a bill of Rs 180 to them in south Delhi, police said on Friday.
The incident took place in INA market last night and deceased has been identified as Deepak.
Deepak along with his two relatives had gone to the hotel for dinner and after having the food he got a bill of Rs 180.
However, Deepak told the owner that he will pay the money later, police said.
The owner and some others then started beating up Deepak, his family alleged.
They took Deepak to the latter`s house where his family intervened and paid the bill.
However, the family claimed that the owner and others continued beating Deepak, took him to the terrace of the building and threw him down. He fell on a car.
Deepak was rushed to AIIMS where he was declared brought dead.
Police said they were verifying the allegations made by the family. Some people are being questioned in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS