Man killed for opposing forcing of liquor down monkey`s throat
New Delhi: A 35-year-old man, who used to perform shows on the streets with his monkeys, was killed by a man after he objected to the latter`s action of trying to force liquor down his monkeys` throat, police said on Wednesday.
According to the police, Ram Babu, alias Ghochu Pehelwan (36), was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly killing the monkey-showman Irfan on the night of August 14.
The deceased was found unconscious on the morning of August 15. He was taken to a hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, police said
"During interrogation, Babu, who works as a labourer in the parcel area at the New Delhi railway station, told us that he was loitering around on the night of August 14 outside the parcel area in search of alcohol," said a police official.
Soon, he met Irfan who had arrived there with his monkeys. Both arranged alcohol and started drinking. After they were drunk, Babu tried to force liquor to Irfan`s monkeys. This was strongly objected to by Irfan, the official said.
The argument soon turned into a fight during which Babu hit Irfan on his head with a brick. When Irfan fell unconscious, Babu fled from the spot, he said.
Babu had earlier also been an accused in a murder case at Lahori Gate police station in 1994 and remained in jail for several years, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report