Man killed for Rs 180 in Delhi
New Delhi: A 30-year-old man was allegedly beaten and flung to death from the third floor of a residential building after failing to pay Rs 180 to a restaurant owner, police said Friday.
The incident occurred late Wednesday night at INA Market in south Delhi. Deepak had dinner at a restaurant with his relatives, Nathan and Babu.
Deepak`s brother Ajay said that the bill amounted to Rs 180, which his brother said he would pay later. On that, the restaurant owner started beating up Deepak.
"They took my brother to our house and beat him up there as well. We intervened and paid the bill. Despite that, they continued to beat him. Then they took him to the third floor and flung him from the terrace," Ajay said.
Deepak, who was unemployed, was taken to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where doctors declared him dead.
Police said a case has been registered at Kotla Mubarakpur police station. They are verifying the family`s allegations. They have also detained several people in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH