Man kills father over property dispute, arrested
New Delhi: A 23-year-old "alcoholic" man was arrested here for allegedly murdering his father over a property dispute, police said on Wednesday.
Rajnish Kumar, who earns his living by ironing clothes, allegedly murdered his father Ram Narayan (50) in west Delhi`s Nihal Vihar on Tuesday. He was later apprehended from a bus stand in the area while he was trying to flee.
The family belonged to Unnao in UP and had come to Delhi five years ago.
"They had purchased a house in Nihal Vihar. His mother died in 2009. Rajnish and his father used to iron clothes of the residents of the locality at the house.
"Rajnish was addicted to countrymade liquor. Narayan was fed up with his son`s alcoholism and wanted to sell the house and to go back to his native village but his son was not interested," ACP (West) V Renganathan said.
Last night, a fight broke out between the father-son duo over the issue. Kumar allegedly attacked his father with the handle of an iron box. He was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends