Man kills father over property dispute, arrested
New Delhi: A 23-year-old "alcoholic" man was arrested here for allegedly murdering his father over a property dispute, police said on Wednesday.
Rajnish Kumar, who earns his living by ironing clothes, allegedly murdered his father Ram Narayan (50) in west Delhi`s Nihal Vihar on Tuesday. He was later apprehended from a bus stand in the area while he was trying to flee.
The family belonged to Unnao in UP and had come to Delhi five years ago.
"They had purchased a house in Nihal Vihar. His mother died in 2009. Rajnish and his father used to iron clothes of the residents of the locality at the house.
"Rajnish was addicted to countrymade liquor. Narayan was fed up with his son`s alcoholism and wanted to sell the house and to go back to his native village but his son was not interested," ACP (West) V Renganathan said.
Last night, a fight broke out between the father-son duo over the issue. Kumar allegedly attacked his father with the handle of an iron box. He was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state