Man moves Delhi HC on nursery admission criteria
New Delhi: A day after private schools
released the lists of students for nursery admission, a man,
whose son did not get admission, on Tuesday approached the Delhi
High Court alleging the school has not followed the criteria
under the Delhi School Education Act.
Filing a petition, Rakesh Mittal, an Advocate, alleged
the Raghubir Singh Junior Modern School in Humayun Road has
violated the criteria under the Act and the guidelines issued
by the Directorate of Education, Delhi, with regard to
Mittal contended he had applied for his son`s admission
in the school as it is very near to his house.
When he, along with his wife went to the school to submit
the form, the school management asked the parents to face the
interview on December 21, which is against government
guidelines, he alleged.
"....The school, instead of following the point system,
was interviewng the parents. The notice board did not talk
anything about the point system as directed in the government
notification on December 22, 2007," the petitioner said.
Yesterday, the school had come out with a list of
students eligible for admission, in which his son`s name did
not figure, Mittal contended.
Following a High Court direction in 2007, Delhi
government had issued guidelines to all private schools not to
interview the parents but to make point system in which the
admission will be given to children who stay near the school.
The matter will be heard by Justice G S Sistani tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report