Man murdered for changing song at wedding function
Gurgaon: A young man was murdered in a tiff that began after a song being played on a music system was changed at a marriage function, police said here Saturday.
The incident occurred within the limits of Sector 5 police station here.
Ravinder, 25, a resident of nearby Buapur village, was killed by attackers in the incident.
According to police, Ravinder, along with his friend Kuldeep, had gone to a marriage ceremony late Friday.
During a dance, a song being played on the music system was changed. Ravinder was sitting in his car, when an angry group attacked him, accusing him of changing the song.
The attackers used sharp weapons.
Ravinder was taken to a private hospital, where he was declared dead.
"We have filed case of murder against eight people and detained two," DCP (West) Surender Pal Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore