Man murdered for changing song at wedding function
Gurgaon: A young man was murdered in a tiff that began after a song being played on a music system was changed at a marriage function, police said here Saturday.
The incident occurred within the limits of Sector 5 police station here.
Ravinder, 25, a resident of nearby Buapur village, was killed by attackers in the incident.
According to police, Ravinder, along with his friend Kuldeep, had gone to a marriage ceremony late Friday.
During a dance, a song being played on the music system was changed. Ravinder was sitting in his car, when an angry group attacked him, accusing him of changing the song.
The attackers used sharp weapons.
Ravinder was taken to a private hospital, where he was declared dead.
"We have filed case of murder against eight people and detained two," DCP (West) Surender Pal Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured