Man murdered for changing song at wedding function
Gurgaon: A young man was murdered in a tiff that began after a song being played on a music system was changed at a marriage function, police said here Saturday.
The incident occurred within the limits of Sector 5 police station here.
Ravinder, 25, a resident of nearby Buapur village, was killed by attackers in the incident.
According to police, Ravinder, along with his friend Kuldeep, had gone to a marriage ceremony late Friday.
During a dance, a song being played on the music system was changed. Ravinder was sitting in his car, when an angry group attacked him, accusing him of changing the song.
The attackers used sharp weapons.
Ravinder was taken to a private hospital, where he was declared dead.
"We have filed case of murder against eight people and detained two," DCP (West) Surender Pal Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor
- Congress' '27 saal, UP behaal' yatra reaches Amethi
- Centre trying to run Delhi indirectly, says Sisodia
- Rio Olympics fallout: OP Jaisha alleges official apathy, AFI refutes charge
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli