Man rapes woman on pretext of job, arrested
New Delhi: A 34-year-old man was arrested here on the complaint of a Bangalore-based woman who alleged he had raped her repeatedly after promising to provide her job in a travel company, police said Thursday.
Manan, a travel agent in Bangalore, was arrested from a guest house in south Delhi Tuesday night a few hours after the 29-year-old victim filed a complaint at New Friends Colony police station.
"Victim`s medical examination has confirmed rape," said a police official.
The victim told police that Manan, whom she knew for several years, had promised her to provide her a job in a travel company at the post of a managing director.
"The accused called the woman to Delhi for an interview but before conducting any interview he took her to Goa, Mussoorie and Haridwar and raped her repeatedly for 45 days. They then returned to Delhi," said a police officer.
The duo stayed in a guest house in New Friends Colony.
A case of rape and breach of trust has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning