Man resists robbery attempt, shot at in Noida
Noida: A man was injured after he was allegedly shot at by some armed robbers when he resisted their robbery attempt at Dadri area here on Tuesday, police said.
The victim, identified as Rajesh Kumar, was returning from his in-laws house at Palla on his motorbike this afternoon when he was waylaid by the miscreants, who tried to snatch his bag, containing Rs 11.25 lakh, they said.
Later, after he resisted their attempt, the robbers opened firing at him, leading to serious injuries in his leg and decamped with the booty.
The victim was rushed to hospital where he was stated to be stable by late evening today.
A case has been registered in this regard while the further probes are on, they added.
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba