Man run over on Delhi Metro track
New Delhi: A 36-year-old man was run over by a Metro train just after he jumped on to the track to commit suicide here Tuesday morning, police said.
Manoj Kumar of Prem Nagar area died after being run over by the train at the Chandni Chowk Metro station around 11.35 am.
"Kumar`s body was found chopped into several parts. CCTV cameras at the platform captured his suicide attempt. Prima facie, it seems he took the step under depression," said deputy commissioner of police (railways) Sanjay Bhatia.
"Some pieces of papers were recovered form Kumar`s pocket but the reason behind his taking the extreme step is yet to be established," he said.
Kumar was pursuing a computer course from a private institute and was unmarried, said the official.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why