Man run over on Delhi Metro track
New Delhi: A 36-year-old man was run over by a Metro train just after he jumped on to the track to commit suicide here Tuesday morning, police said.
Manoj Kumar of Prem Nagar area died after being run over by the train at the Chandni Chowk Metro station around 11.35 am.
"Kumar`s body was found chopped into several parts. CCTV cameras at the platform captured his suicide attempt. Prima facie, it seems he took the step under depression," said deputy commissioner of police (railways) Sanjay Bhatia.
"Some pieces of papers were recovered form Kumar`s pocket but the reason behind his taking the extreme step is yet to be established," he said.
Kumar was pursuing a computer course from a private institute and was unmarried, said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey