Man run over on Delhi Metro track
New Delhi: A 36-year-old man was run over by a Metro train just after he jumped on to the track to commit suicide here Tuesday morning, police said.
Manoj Kumar of Prem Nagar area died after being run over by the train at the Chandni Chowk Metro station around 11.35 am.
"Kumar`s body was found chopped into several parts. CCTV cameras at the platform captured his suicide attempt. Prima facie, it seems he took the step under depression," said deputy commissioner of police (railways) Sanjay Bhatia.
"Some pieces of papers were recovered form Kumar`s pocket but the reason behind his taking the extreme step is yet to be established," he said.
Kumar was pursuing a computer course from a private institute and was unmarried, said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez