Man runs car over 13 people sleeping on divider in Delhi, one killed
New Delhi: A 30-year-old man was arrested for running his vehicle over 13 labourers sleeping on a road divider, killing one of them, in the capital, police said on Monday.
The incident took place near Nigambodh Ghat in East Delhi at around 10.15 pm on Sunday.
Rishi Kumar`s car climbed onto the road divider and injured the 13 labourers sleeping there.
Police said the accused was in an inebriated state while driving his car from west Delhi`s Jahangirpuri area to West Vinod Nagar in east Delhi.
Rishi Kumar, who was accompanied by his sister-in-law, is a property dealer and a resident of west Vinod Nagar.
All the 13 labourers were rushed to three hospitals - Bara Hindu Rao Hospital, Sushruta Trauma Centre and Aruna Asaf Ali Hospital - where one of them, 20-year-old Iqraj, died of his injuries.
Four others were treated for fractures, police said. Most of them were later discharged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand