Man runs car over 13 people sleeping on divider in Delhi, one killed
New Delhi: A 30-year-old man was arrested for running his vehicle over 13 labourers sleeping on a road divider, killing one of them, in the capital, police said on Monday.
The incident took place near Nigambodh Ghat in East Delhi at around 10.15 pm on Sunday.
Rishi Kumar`s car climbed onto the road divider and injured the 13 labourers sleeping there.
Police said the accused was in an inebriated state while driving his car from west Delhi`s Jahangirpuri area to West Vinod Nagar in east Delhi.
Rishi Kumar, who was accompanied by his sister-in-law, is a property dealer and a resident of west Vinod Nagar.
All the 13 labourers were rushed to three hospitals - Bara Hindu Rao Hospital, Sushruta Trauma Centre and Aruna Asaf Ali Hospital - where one of them, 20-year-old Iqraj, died of his injuries.
Four others were treated for fractures, police said. Most of them were later discharged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi