Man sexually assaults daughter in Delhi
New Delhi: A 42-year-old man was arrested in North Delhi for allegedly sexually assaulting his minor daughter three days ago, police said on Sunday
The incident was reported from Burari on January three and the father of the victim was arrested the same day.
The accused, who is living separately due to marital problems, molested the victim and then attempted to sexually assault her.
According to the complaint, the man stripped his daughter and then tried to sexually assault her. The girl screamed and her mother rushed to the spot from the neighbourhood.
The mother then approached police who registered a case under section 377 (unnatural offences) of IPC and and section 4/8 of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO). He was subsequently arrested.
The accused has strained relations with his wife, who has filed a divorce plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest