Man sexually assaults daughter in Delhi
New Delhi: A 42-year-old man was arrested in North Delhi for allegedly sexually assaulting his minor daughter three days ago, police said on Sunday
The incident was reported from Burari on January three and the father of the victim was arrested the same day.
The accused, who is living separately due to marital problems, molested the victim and then attempted to sexually assault her.
According to the complaint, the man stripped his daughter and then tried to sexually assault her. The girl screamed and her mother rushed to the spot from the neighbourhood.
The mother then approached police who registered a case under section 377 (unnatural offences) of IPC and and section 4/8 of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO). He was subsequently arrested.
The accused has strained relations with his wife, who has filed a divorce plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police