Man sexually assaults daughter in Delhi
New Delhi: A 42-year-old man was arrested in North Delhi for allegedly sexually assaulting his minor daughter three days ago, police said on Sunday
The incident was reported from Burari on January three and the father of the victim was arrested the same day.
The accused, who is living separately due to marital problems, molested the victim and then attempted to sexually assault her.
According to the complaint, the man stripped his daughter and then tried to sexually assault her. The girl screamed and her mother rushed to the spot from the neighbourhood.
The mother then approached police who registered a case under section 377 (unnatural offences) of IPC and and section 4/8 of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO). He was subsequently arrested.
The accused has strained relations with his wife, who has filed a divorce plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today