Man shoots his sister dead over property dispute, arrested
New Delhi: A 33-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly shooting his sister dead over property dispute in Najafgarh area of southwest Delhi, police said on Saturday.
The accused has been identified as Khilender alias Kala, and police has recovered a pistol from his possession.
"There was a property dispute between Khilender and his sister Vidya following which he hatched a plan to eliminate her. On July 7, Khilender shot dead Vidya when she was going to her home," said a senior police officer.
Officer also said they got information that Khilender was coming towards Jharonda Kalan on July 10. Acting on tip-off, police laid a trap and arrested him.
Police have recovered a pistol from his possession and accused has confessed to crime, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress