Man shoots his sister dead over property dispute, arrested
New Delhi: A 33-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly shooting his sister dead over property dispute in Najafgarh area of southwest Delhi, police said on Saturday.
The accused has been identified as Khilender alias Kala, and police has recovered a pistol from his possession.
"There was a property dispute between Khilender and his sister Vidya following which he hatched a plan to eliminate her. On July 7, Khilender shot dead Vidya when she was going to her home," said a senior police officer.
Officer also said they got information that Khilender was coming towards Jharonda Kalan on July 10. Acting on tip-off, police laid a trap and arrested him.
Police have recovered a pistol from his possession and accused has confessed to crime, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand