Man shoots son after minor altercation
New Delhi: An alcoholic man allegedly shot dead his 19-year-old son after the latter taunted him for being jobless, police said on Satuday.
Subhash Aggarwal had been carrying grouse against his children especially son Shubham, who used to taunt him for being jobless and had even questioned his mother as to why she gave him food when he did not earn for the family, they said.
The immediate provocation for the cold-blooded murder came when Shubham, an engineering student, chided his mother for giving Aggarwal dinner last night.
Aggarwal then decided to eliminate his son and waited till every other member of his family went to sleep, police said.
At around 1 AM, when Shubham went to sleep after studying, Aggarwal went to his room and shot him dead using his licensed revolver.
"After that he went to his daughters and wife who were sleeping in the other room and shouted that Shubham had killed himself with a screw driver," B S Jaiswal, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Outer District, said.
Even when police went to the spot, Aggarwal insisted that his son had committed suicide, but subsequently confessed to his crime during interrogation.
Aggarwal was an alcoholic and did not do anything for his livelihood and used to pick up quarrels with his family members too often on petty issues, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Power Series Conclave on 'Make in India' organised by The Dollar Business on Aug 24
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA