Man trafficking in minor girls arrested
New Delhi: A man involved in trafficking of minor girls from West Bengal to Delhi has been arrested and at least 14 minor girls rescued from the city and the National Capital Region, police said Monday.
Raju was arrested from West Bengal July 21.
"Raju`s role came to light four months ago when his mother Jahanara Bibi and Laxman, owner of a placement agency situated in Chirag Delhi, were arrested for placing minor girls as domestic servants in different houses in Delhi and NCR. At that time he managed to escape," said Additional Commissioner of Police Ravindra Yadav.
"Raju is the main trafficker. He used to bring minor girls from West Bengal to place them as a domestic servant in Delhi and NCR," said Yadav.
He used to exploit these girls and their parents financially as the money taken in advance from the employers was never paid to the girls or their parents.
"Till now we have rescued a total of 14 girls and escorted them back to their homes," said the officer.
"He is illiterate but extremely clever and notorious. He used to run this operation with the connivance of his mother, his sister Shehnara and Laxman," added Yadav.
His mother is on bail, whereas his sister is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says