Man trying to blow up gang-rape accused`s house arrested
New Delhi: A 37-year-old man was arrested here for allegedly planting two `bombs` made of simple explosive material used for making crackers near the house of one of the accused in the gangrape of a 23-year-old girl.
Rajesh was arrested from Ravi Dass colony in south Delhi`s R K Puram last evening when he was trying to flee from the spot after planting the explosives. His two friends managed to flee from the spot.
They were seen loitering in the area by locals in a suspicious manner and had allegedly threatened to blow up the house of one of the accused in the gangrape case Ram Singh.
One of the accused was overpowered by the crowd but two managed to escape and police was informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren