Man trying to blow up gang-rape accused`s house arrested
New Delhi: A 37-year-old man was arrested here for allegedly planting two `bombs` made of simple explosive material used for making crackers near the house of one of the accused in the gangrape of a 23-year-old girl.
Rajesh was arrested from Ravi Dass colony in south Delhi`s R K Puram last evening when he was trying to flee from the spot after planting the explosives. His two friends managed to flee from the spot.
They were seen loitering in the area by locals in a suspicious manner and had allegedly threatened to blow up the house of one of the accused in the gangrape case Ram Singh.
One of the accused was overpowered by the crowd but two managed to escape and police was informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends