Man wanted robbery cases in UP and Delhi held
New Delhi: A man, wanted in several robbery cases, was on Sunday arrested and an automatic pistol and 55 live cartridges were recovered from his possession.
The arrested person has been identified as Mohammed Fahad Khan (22), a resident of Okhla area of Delhi.
Police said Fahad was carrying a reward declared on him by Aligarh police. He had escaped during police chase two days ago while his younger brother Yashir was arrested after a firing incident in Bara Hindu Rao area. Fahad had also allegedly committed several highway robberies.
"We got information yesterday that he would be coming towards Yamuna Vihar area. Acting on the tip-off, police laid a trap and arrested him from there. He has confessed to his involvement in several robbery cases," said a senior police official.
The official also said Fahad was a school dropout and his brothers - Yashir and Saddam - are also wanted in many heinous cases in Aligarh and Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- No blanket ban on pellet guns in Kashmir Valley, to be used in 'rarest of rare cases'
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4