Man wanted robbery cases in UP and Delhi held
New Delhi: A man, wanted in several robbery cases, was on Sunday arrested and an automatic pistol and 55 live cartridges were recovered from his possession.
The arrested person has been identified as Mohammed Fahad Khan (22), a resident of Okhla area of Delhi.
Police said Fahad was carrying a reward declared on him by Aligarh police. He had escaped during police chase two days ago while his younger brother Yashir was arrested after a firing incident in Bara Hindu Rao area. Fahad had also allegedly committed several highway robberies.
"We got information yesterday that he would be coming towards Yamuna Vihar area. Acting on the tip-off, police laid a trap and arrested him from there. He has confessed to his involvement in several robbery cases," said a senior police official.
The official also said Fahad was a school dropout and his brothers - Yashir and Saddam - are also wanted in many heinous cases in Aligarh and Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India's tour of Zimbabwe and West Indies: BCCI selection committee to announce squads today
- Narendra Modi in Iran: PM invokes India's 'civilisational ties', aims to boost economic, cultural partnership
- IPL 2016, Match 56: Virat Kohli's RCB earn playoffs spot, to face Gujarat Lions in Qualifier 1
- Jorge Lorenzo pips Marc Marquez to Italian MotoGP win
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg celebrates his wedding anniversary in a 'musical' way! - See pic