Man wanted robbery cases in UP and Delhi held
New Delhi: A man, wanted in several robbery cases, was on Sunday arrested and an automatic pistol and 55 live cartridges were recovered from his possession.
The arrested person has been identified as Mohammed Fahad Khan (22), a resident of Okhla area of Delhi.
Police said Fahad was carrying a reward declared on him by Aligarh police. He had escaped during police chase two days ago while his younger brother Yashir was arrested after a firing incident in Bara Hindu Rao area. Fahad had also allegedly committed several highway robberies.
"We got information yesterday that he would be coming towards Yamuna Vihar area. Acting on the tip-off, police laid a trap and arrested him from there. He has confessed to his involvement in several robbery cases," said a senior police official.
The official also said Fahad was a school dropout and his brothers - Yashir and Saddam - are also wanted in many heinous cases in Aligarh and Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured