Man wanted robbery cases in UP and Delhi held
New Delhi: A man, wanted in several robbery cases, was on Sunday arrested and an automatic pistol and 55 live cartridges were recovered from his possession.
The arrested person has been identified as Mohammed Fahad Khan (22), a resident of Okhla area of Delhi.
Police said Fahad was carrying a reward declared on him by Aligarh police. He had escaped during police chase two days ago while his younger brother Yashir was arrested after a firing incident in Bara Hindu Rao area. Fahad had also allegedly committed several highway robberies.
"We got information yesterday that he would be coming towards Yamuna Vihar area. Acting on the tip-off, police laid a trap and arrested him from there. He has confessed to his involvement in several robbery cases," said a senior police official.
The official also said Fahad was a school dropout and his brothers - Yashir and Saddam - are also wanted in many heinous cases in Aligarh and Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- DRDO to start Rs 100 crore research centre at Jadavpur varsity
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal all praises for Shirish Kunder's 'Kriti'!
- AAP wants Najeeb Jung arrested over murder, Delhi LG rebuts charge
- British MP murder suspect to be tried in November
- Bill for indirect election of mayors passed by Tamil Nadu Assembly