Man wanted robbery cases in UP and Delhi held
New Delhi: A man, wanted in several robbery cases, was on Sunday arrested and an automatic pistol and 55 live cartridges were recovered from his possession.
The arrested person has been identified as Mohammed Fahad Khan (22), a resident of Okhla area of Delhi.
Police said Fahad was carrying a reward declared on him by Aligarh police. He had escaped during police chase two days ago while his younger brother Yashir was arrested after a firing incident in Bara Hindu Rao area. Fahad had also allegedly committed several highway robberies.
"We got information yesterday that he would be coming towards Yamuna Vihar area. Acting on the tip-off, police laid a trap and arrested him from there. He has confessed to his involvement in several robbery cases," said a senior police official.
The official also said Fahad was a school dropout and his brothers - Yashir and Saddam - are also wanted in many heinous cases in Aligarh and Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!