Man who offered bribe to Ramdev`s former driver identified
Haridwar: Police on Saturday identified and lodged a case against a man who allegedly offered a bribe of Rs 10 lakh to Ramdev`s former driver to disclose information about the yoga guru.
The man has been identified as a journalist based in Dehradun, Haridwar Circle Officer Ajay Singh told reporters here.
A case under different sections of the IPC has been lodged against the scribe, he said.
The man is charged with offering a bribe of Rs 10 lakh and issuing threats to the yoga guru`s former driver after he failed to give him information about Ramdev`s trust.
The man is also named in a report lodged at Delhi`s Parliament Street police station in which he has been accused of breaching Ramdev`s Z security apparatus, the official said.
He is also wanted in a case of extortion lodged at Delhi`s Vasant Vihar police station, Singh said.
Ramdev has been alleging that he and his associates are being framed to malign his image and weaken the movement against corruption and black money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities