Man who offered bribe to Ramdev`s former driver identified
Haridwar: Police on Saturday identified and lodged a case against a man who allegedly offered a bribe of Rs 10 lakh to Ramdev`s former driver to disclose information about the yoga guru.
The man has been identified as a journalist based in Dehradun, Haridwar Circle Officer Ajay Singh told reporters here.
A case under different sections of the IPC has been lodged against the scribe, he said.
The man is charged with offering a bribe of Rs 10 lakh and issuing threats to the yoga guru`s former driver after he failed to give him information about Ramdev`s trust.
The man is also named in a report lodged at Delhi`s Parliament Street police station in which he has been accused of breaching Ramdev`s Z security apparatus, the official said.
He is also wanted in a case of extortion lodged at Delhi`s Vasant Vihar police station, Singh said.
Ramdev has been alleging that he and his associates are being framed to malign his image and weaken the movement against corruption and black money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...