Manipur CM visits rape victim; strongly condemns the incident
New Delhi: Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh on Monday visited the 14-year-old rape victim from the state, undergoing treatment at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here.
The Manipuri girl, who was a housemaid here was allegedly raped by her landlord`s son in South Delhi`s Munirka area.
Singh paid a visit to the rape victim at a general ward in AIIMS at around 4 PM and termed such incidents against the northeast community in Delhi as most unfortunate.
"We are part of India. We condemn such incidents in strongest terms," said Singh here.
"Her condition is stable. Though she is talking, she is still under the grip of shock. Doctor`s said she will be discharged tomorrow or day after. I will take her back home with me," said the girl`s uncle, who hails from Darjeeling.
The accused identified as Vicky has been arrested after a FIR was registered under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act at Vasant Vihar Police Station, police said.
The incident which comes close on the heels of the death of Arunachal Pradesh youth Nido Tania, sparked off protests outside Vasant Vihar police station with students groups from the northeast blocking the road and clashing with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16