Manipur CM visits rape victim; strongly condemns the incident
New Delhi: Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh on Monday visited the 14-year-old rape victim from the state, undergoing treatment at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here.
The Manipuri girl, who was a housemaid here was allegedly raped by her landlord`s son in South Delhi`s Munirka area.
Singh paid a visit to the rape victim at a general ward in AIIMS at around 4 PM and termed such incidents against the northeast community in Delhi as most unfortunate.
"We are part of India. We condemn such incidents in strongest terms," said Singh here.
"Her condition is stable. Though she is talking, she is still under the grip of shock. Doctor`s said she will be discharged tomorrow or day after. I will take her back home with me," said the girl`s uncle, who hails from Darjeeling.
The accused identified as Vicky has been arrested after a FIR was registered under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act at Vasant Vihar Police Station, police said.
The incident which comes close on the heels of the death of Arunachal Pradesh youth Nido Tania, sparked off protests outside Vasant Vihar police station with students groups from the northeast blocking the road and clashing with the police.
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers
- Three detained for murder of Hindu tailor in Bangladesh
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains
- We bet you will find it uber-tough to correct these sentences!