Manipur CM visits rape victim; strongly condemns the incident
New Delhi: Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh on Monday visited the 14-year-old rape victim from the state, undergoing treatment at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here.
The Manipuri girl, who was a housemaid here was allegedly raped by her landlord`s son in South Delhi`s Munirka area.
Singh paid a visit to the rape victim at a general ward in AIIMS at around 4 PM and termed such incidents against the northeast community in Delhi as most unfortunate.
"We are part of India. We condemn such incidents in strongest terms," said Singh here.
"Her condition is stable. Though she is talking, she is still under the grip of shock. Doctor`s said she will be discharged tomorrow or day after. I will take her back home with me," said the girl`s uncle, who hails from Darjeeling.
The accused identified as Vicky has been arrested after a FIR was registered under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act at Vasant Vihar Police Station, police said.
The incident which comes close on the heels of the death of Arunachal Pradesh youth Nido Tania, sparked off protests outside Vasant Vihar police station with students groups from the northeast blocking the road and clashing with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray