Manipur CM visits rape victim; strongly condemns the incident
New Delhi: Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh on Monday visited the 14-year-old rape victim from the state, undergoing treatment at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here.
The Manipuri girl, who was a housemaid here was allegedly raped by her landlord`s son in South Delhi`s Munirka area.
Singh paid a visit to the rape victim at a general ward in AIIMS at around 4 PM and termed such incidents against the northeast community in Delhi as most unfortunate.
"We are part of India. We condemn such incidents in strongest terms," said Singh here.
"Her condition is stable. Though she is talking, she is still under the grip of shock. Doctor`s said she will be discharged tomorrow or day after. I will take her back home with me," said the girl`s uncle, who hails from Darjeeling.
The accused identified as Vicky has been arrested after a FIR was registered under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act at Vasant Vihar Police Station, police said.
The incident which comes close on the heels of the death of Arunachal Pradesh youth Nido Tania, sparked off protests outside Vasant Vihar police station with students groups from the northeast blocking the road and clashing with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi