Manipuri woman found dead in mysterious circumstances
New Delhi: A 21-year-old Manipuri woman was found dead on Wednesday under mysterious circumstances in her rented house in south Delhi, police said.
The incident was reported from Chirag Dilli near Malviya Nagar at around 12 noon and the deceased has been identified as Reingamphy (21), who hailed from Ukhrul in Manipur.
It was her landlord who informed police that she was not responding to knocks on the door. Police broke open the door to find her lying dead with a mobile phone in her hand.
The girl had come to Delhi a few months ago.
Police said the cause of death is being investigated and body has been sent for postmortem.
"There is only one entry to her room. Access from first floor is theoretically possible but no tell tale sign is there on wall. Injury marks are there on both eyes and near toes.
"Nature of wound suggests that portion of dead body is eaten by animal. Movement marks of some small animal (possibly rat) is there on the white bed sheet. There are droppings of rats in next flat. The deceased had her mobile in her palm.
"Prima facie it seems to be suicide by some toxic or poisonous substance food. A male friend used to visit her and this aspect will be examined. It is learnt that yesterday he had come to visit her but the girl did not open the door," a police official said.
Empty wrappers of Spasmocip Plus (16 tablets) and Meftal-Spas (12 tablets) are found in dustbin during search. "She might have consumed it," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- DCW chief booked for naming Dalit rape victim, says not scared
- Delhi: Raped by 30-yr-old man, 4-yr-old girl undergoes surgery
- Strong need of creating awareness on organ donation: Experts
- Narendra Modi's silence on Dalit assault devaluation of PM's post: Congress
- Financial weakness hindering domestic airlines' international expansion