Manipuri woman robbed by 2 African men in South Delhi
New Delhi: A Manipuri woman was allegedly robbed off her cash and mobile phones at knife point by two men of African origin when she was at her residence in South Delhi`s Deoli area in the wee hours, police said.
The incident took place around 5 AM when the victim, identified as Yurthingla was alone at her residence.
"The two African men, identified as Balary and Ambose who were known to her husband knocked the door of her house and when she opened they door, the duo asked her for food," said a police official.
When the victim refused to give them any food, the duo whipped out a knife and threatened her. They then robbed her off Rs 10,000, three mobile phones, the official said.
A case under relevant sections has been registered at Neb Sarai Police station. Further investigations are underway.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Land reforms fail, 5% of India’s farmers control 32 percent land
- Five indicators of India's looming demographic disaster
- 13 Indians died in Pakistan jails since 2013, India calls for thorough investigation
- 'Invisible hand' behind inaction of CBI, ED in AgustaWestland probe, says Manohar Parrikar in Rajya Sabha
- 'Will give up public life if found guilty in AgustaWestland scam'