Manipuri women complain of assault in South Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after the death of Arunachal teen Nido Tania in the national capital, two women from Manipur have complaint of alleged assault in Kotla Mubarakpur area.
The incident took place on January 25 when some men allegedly passed racist comments at them.
The police reportedly claims that the women - Tharmila Jajo and Chonmila - were allegedly beaten up by the men after one of them tied a dog`s chain to the Chonmila`s boots and she tried to get rid of the dog. Her friend was also beaten up when she tried to intervene.
The victims then lodged an FIR and the police are now trying to identify the accused.
They claim that the police was initially reluctant to register the complaint.
The incident has taken place days after 19-year-old Tania was thrashed mercilessly by two shopkeepers in Lajpat Nagar area after an altercation over his appearance and clothing.
He was declared dead at the hospital on Thursday.
A protest march was held by the northeast students after the incident at Lajpat Nagar market and they also met Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...