Manipuri women complain of assault in South Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after the death of Arunachal teen Nido Tania in the national capital, two women from Manipur have complaint of alleged assault in Kotla Mubarakpur area.
The incident took place on January 25 when some men allegedly passed racist comments at them.
The police reportedly claims that the women - Tharmila Jajo and Chonmila - were allegedly beaten up by the men after one of them tied a dog`s chain to the Chonmila`s boots and she tried to get rid of the dog. Her friend was also beaten up when she tried to intervene.
The victims then lodged an FIR and the police are now trying to identify the accused.
They claim that the police was initially reluctant to register the complaint.
The incident has taken place days after 19-year-old Tania was thrashed mercilessly by two shopkeepers in Lajpat Nagar area after an altercation over his appearance and clothing.
He was declared dead at the hospital on Thursday.
A protest march was held by the northeast students after the incident at Lajpat Nagar market and they also met Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan