Manipuri women complain of assault in South Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after the death of Arunachal teen Nido Tania in the national capital, two women from Manipur have complaint of alleged assault in Kotla Mubarakpur area.
The incident took place on January 25 when some men allegedly passed racist comments at them.
The police reportedly claims that the women - Tharmila Jajo and Chonmila - were allegedly beaten up by the men after one of them tied a dog`s chain to the Chonmila`s boots and she tried to get rid of the dog. Her friend was also beaten up when she tried to intervene.
The victims then lodged an FIR and the police are now trying to identify the accused.
They claim that the police was initially reluctant to register the complaint.
The incident has taken place days after 19-year-old Tania was thrashed mercilessly by two shopkeepers in Lajpat Nagar area after an altercation over his appearance and clothing.
He was declared dead at the hospital on Thursday.
A protest march was held by the northeast students after the incident at Lajpat Nagar market and they also met Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers