Manipuri youth attacked, robbed in Delhi
New Delhi: In a fresh case of a northeastern youth being attacked in the national capital, a 22-year-old Manipuri man was stabbed by some unidentified men in south Delhi`s Mehrauli area in the wee hours on Tuesday.
The man identified as Ksupsikren was stabbed in his stomach and has been admitted to a hospital in Saket, police said, adding he is out of danger now.
A group of men waylaid the victim when he was returning home from work around 4 AM, they said.
"Prima facie it seems to be a case of robbery. The men tried to snatch his mobile and when he resisted, they stabbed him and fled from the spot," a police official said.
Senior police officials are on the spot and a manhunt has been launched to nab the culprits, police said.
The incident comes two days after two youths from Manipur were allegedly beaten with sticks in Ambedkar Nagar area of south Delhi on Sunday night.
A youth from Arunachal Pradesh recently died after he was allegedly assaulted by some shopkeepers in Lajpat Nagar area. A 14-year-old Manipuri girl was raped in south Delhi`s Munirka area last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?