Manipuri youth attacked, robbed in Delhi
New Delhi: In a fresh case of a northeastern youth being attacked in the national capital, a 22-year-old Manipuri man was stabbed by some unidentified men in south Delhi`s Mehrauli area in the wee hours on Tuesday.
The man identified as Ksupsikren was stabbed in his stomach and has been admitted to a hospital in Saket, police said, adding he is out of danger now.
A group of men waylaid the victim when he was returning home from work around 4 AM, they said.
"Prima facie it seems to be a case of robbery. The men tried to snatch his mobile and when he resisted, they stabbed him and fled from the spot," a police official said.
Senior police officials are on the spot and a manhunt has been launched to nab the culprits, police said.
The incident comes two days after two youths from Manipur were allegedly beaten with sticks in Ambedkar Nagar area of south Delhi on Sunday night.
A youth from Arunachal Pradesh recently died after he was allegedly assaulted by some shopkeepers in Lajpat Nagar area. A 14-year-old Manipuri girl was raped in south Delhi`s Munirka area last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!