Manish Sisodia asked to vacate official residence
New Delhi: Delhi government has asked the former Education and Public Works Department Minister Manish Sisodia to vacate the two flats in which he has been staying for the past two and half months even after demitting office.
Sisodia has been asked to vacate the two flats-- 46 A and 49 A, in Pocket-B in Mayur Vihar Phase-II which were allotted to him during AAP government`s regime and pay a rent amount of Rs 1,33,064 for staying in the flats between March 3 and April 30.
A notice in this regard was sent out today by the Public Works Department.
According to the notice, Sisodia was sent a letter earlier on March 3 to vacate the house by the PWD department as he had already crossed the 15-day deadline for staying in the official accommodation.
As per the norms, former ministers can stay in official residences free of cost for 15 days after demitting office.
Afterwards, if they choose to stay there (maximum of six months), they are required to pay rent as per market rates.
"The respondent was issued a letter on March 3, 2014 to vacate the said house but the respondent has not vacated the house...Rs 1, 33, 064 amount is due for the both the flats together from March 3 to April 30," the letter said.
The flats alotted to him are type IV houses and thus the rent of the flats is 55 times more than the licence fee.
According to the Department, there has been no communication from Sisodia`s side in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter