Manish Sisodia asked to vacate official residence
New Delhi: Delhi government has asked the former Education and Public Works Department Minister Manish Sisodia to vacate the two flats in which he has been staying for the past two and half months even after demitting office.
Sisodia has been asked to vacate the two flats-- 46 A and 49 A, in Pocket-B in Mayur Vihar Phase-II which were allotted to him during AAP government`s regime and pay a rent amount of Rs 1,33,064 for staying in the flats between March 3 and April 30.
A notice in this regard was sent out today by the Public Works Department.
According to the notice, Sisodia was sent a letter earlier on March 3 to vacate the house by the PWD department as he had already crossed the 15-day deadline for staying in the official accommodation.
As per the norms, former ministers can stay in official residences free of cost for 15 days after demitting office.
Afterwards, if they choose to stay there (maximum of six months), they are required to pay rent as per market rates.
"The respondent was issued a letter on March 3, 2014 to vacate the said house but the respondent has not vacated the house...Rs 1, 33, 064 amount is due for the both the flats together from March 3 to April 30," the letter said.
The flats alotted to him are type IV houses and thus the rent of the flats is 55 times more than the licence fee.
According to the Department, there has been no communication from Sisodia`s side in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video