Manish Sisodia - from journalist to Kejriwal`s Man Friday
New Delhi: Manish Sisodia, the Man Friday of Arvind Kejriwal, came to prominence during Anna Hazare`s movement for Jan Lokpal Bill in 2011.
The 41-year-old is also part of AAP`s central working committee and it came as no surprise that he was selected in Kejriwal`s Cabinet. He has been given charge of Education, PWD, Urban Development, Local Bodies and Land and Building departments.
The journalist-turned-activist-turned-politician defeated BJP`s Nakul Bhardwaj by over 11,000 votes from Patparganj constituency in East Delhi.
Sisodia had worked as a journalist with Zee News and All India Radio for a long time. He later quit journalism to participate in the agitation for Right To Information.
He was one of the founding members of the Janlokpal agitation and part of the team which chalked out its first draft. When Anna Hazare was arrested and sent to jail during the agitation, he too was sent to prison.
Sisodia also sat on fast for 10 days demanding setting up of an SIT to probe cases against corrupt Union ministers. Sisodia had declared assets worth Rs 41,83,942 in his election affidavit. He has a diploma in journalism from Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says