Manish Sisodia wants school issues to be sorted out
New Delhi: Former Delhi Education Minister Manish Sisodia has asked the state education department to sort out the issues faced by the people related to admission and bad condition in government schools.
In a letter written to the Director of Delhi`s Education Department, Sisodia said that he has been receiving complaints from people on problems faced by them in enrolling their kids in government schools.
"You are requested to fix the loopholes in your department and ensure that people dont have to run behind officers and legislators to enroll their kids in school," Sisodia said.
He added that students are also facing problem in getting admission in eleventh standard and especially ninth standard. "In the view of shortage of teachers in schools the guest teachers should be reinstated".
"The schools are in a bad shape, many have fans that do not function. In such a (hot and humid) weather, the kids have to remain in school for 6-7 hours.
"The condition of toilets is also bad. While I was the Minister, I had prepared a list of bad or non-functioning toilets. Unfortunately, they are in bad shape even now," Sisodia added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt