‘Man`s reluctance to pay maintenance to mother shameful’
New Delhi: A Delhi court has rebuked a man for his reluctance to pay maintenance to his aged and ailing mother, terming his attitude as "inhuman and "shameful" as he failed to understand his responsibility towards the woman, who gave birth to him.
Additional Sessions Judge Savita Rao pulled up the Civil Lines resident, while upholding the trial court`s order to him to pay Rs 800 per month to his mother.
"He (man) does not understand his responsibility towards the woman who had given birth to him as he does not want to give any share out of his income to his mother.
"He has gone ahead to even level the allegation that by way of the petition under Section 125 of the CrPC (for maintenance, his mother wants to extort money from him which only points out his inhuman, shameful attitude towards the most adorable relationship of human beings," the court said.
The order came on the man`s plea challenging a magisterial court`s order which had ordered him and his brother to pay alimony of Rs 800 each per month to their mother.
The man refused to give her money arguing that he has to maintain his wife, who is suffering from various ailments, and three children including a daughter of marriageable age.
The court, however, rejected the man`s plea saying it was "disgusting" as though he has the responsibility to look after his wife and three children but he cannot be absolved of his duty to take care of his other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!