‘Man`s reluctance to pay maintenance to mother shameful’
New Delhi: A Delhi court has rebuked a man for his reluctance to pay maintenance to his aged and ailing mother, terming his attitude as "inhuman and "shameful" as he failed to understand his responsibility towards the woman, who gave birth to him.
Additional Sessions Judge Savita Rao pulled up the Civil Lines resident, while upholding the trial court`s order to him to pay Rs 800 per month to his mother.
"He (man) does not understand his responsibility towards the woman who had given birth to him as he does not want to give any share out of his income to his mother.
"He has gone ahead to even level the allegation that by way of the petition under Section 125 of the CrPC (for maintenance, his mother wants to extort money from him which only points out his inhuman, shameful attitude towards the most adorable relationship of human beings," the court said.
The order came on the man`s plea challenging a magisterial court`s order which had ordered him and his brother to pay alimony of Rs 800 each per month to their mother.
The man refused to give her money arguing that he has to maintain his wife, who is suffering from various ailments, and three children including a daughter of marriageable age.
The court, however, rejected the man`s plea saying it was "disgusting" as though he has the responsibility to look after his wife and three children but he cannot be absolved of his duty to take care of his other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what