Man`s salary attached over non-payment of maintenance to wife
New Delhi: A Delhi sessions court has
dismissed a man`s plea against a trial court order directing
attachment of his salary for his failure to pay maintenance to
"I do not see any infirmity or illegality in the
impugned order," Additional Sessions Judge Surinder Kumar
Sharma said while upholding a magisterial court`s order for
attaching Ghazibad resident Vinay Kumar`s salary.
The magisterial court in November 2010 had ordered
attachment of Kumar`s salary for his failure to pay monthly
maintenance of Rs 2,000 to his wife Madhu Bala, residing in
north east Delhi.
It had ordered Kumar earlier in September 2009 to pay
maintenance to his wife on a plea by her under section 125 of
the Criminal Procedure Code.
Kumar got married to Madhu in 2004 as per Hindu rites.
But soon they began living separately and Madhu moved the
court for maintenance. The court in September 2009 had
directed Kumar to pay her an interim maintenance of Rs 2000
Since no maintenance was paid to her, Madhu moved
court for execution of its earlier order for maintenance. This
resulted in the magisterial court attaching Kumar`s salary on
November 3, 2010.
In his appeal challenging the magisterial court`s
order, Kumar had submitted to the sessions court that he had
sent some money orders which were returned back with the
postal note that Madhu was not present at the given address.
Dismissing Kumar`s petition, the sessions court noted
that the records placed before it showed that neither did
Kumar appear in magisterial court nor did he make any payment.
"As regard Kumar`s contention that he sent several
money orders but the same were returned back with the reports
that the Madhu was not present, then under such circumstances,
he should have paid the money to his wife in the court. But he
did not do so nor he appeared in the court," the ASJ said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark