Many schools asking for donation: Parents
New Delhi: The ongoing nursery admissions
in the capital have turned out to be a way of making money for
schools, if allegations by parents are to be believed.
More than 100 parents have lodged complaints before
the Directorate of Education of the Delhi Government alleging
that schools have demanded more money to give admission to
There are scores of complaints regarding schools not
refunding the fee in case parents want to pull out their kids
for admission in other school.
"We have received a number of complaints against
schools and are trying to settle them," a senior government
official told a news agency.
The official said the parents have filed their
complaints online about demands for more money by schools.
When the admission process started, the parents
complained about schools charging more money for the
prospectus and forms. But now when the admission process has
been initiated, parents have alleged that they are being asked
"The school has not come out with a list at all as all
the admissions was internal based on donation paid. The
complainant was also called asking to give donation of Rs
35,000 for which no receipt was being given," a complaint to
the DoE read.
The parents of children who have secured admission
allege that schools are not ready to refund the fees if they
plan to pullout their ward.
"I have secured a seat in a school in Rajouri Garden
but still want to explore other schools. When I asked the
authorities concerned whether they will refund me the fees I
paid for a seat here, they replied in the negative," says
Rajeev Chaturvedi, a businessman.
The Directorate of Education (DoE) had issued a
circular stating that any parent can pullout their ward from a
school and the institute can only retain the registration
charges, admission fee and the tuition fee of one month only.
The remaining amount has to be refunded.
Parents are confused whether they should secure
admission through the first list or wait for the second one.
"When the second list will be out there may be
withdrawls from schools and eventually I may secure an
admission in the school I prefer. But the question troubling
me is whether I should risk my money here. If I decide to
pullout later my Rs 25,000 will be waste and that`s not a
small amount," says Rashmi who is working hard to get her
3-year-old admitted in a school.
Parents also allege that the schools after admitting
their children charge them more money under miscellaneous
charges without giving receipts.
"The school of my ward took nominal fees while
admitting him but now they have started taking extra money
under miscellaneous headings which it did not mention in the
beginning," a complaint read.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM