Maoist zonal commander held in Bihar
Sasaram: A Maoist zonal commander, wanted in the murder of two police officers, was arrested on Sunday with arms and ammunitions from Bihar`s Rohtas district.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided a brick kiln at Godaila village and arrested the self-styled zonal commander JP alias Bajrangi Thakur, Superintendent of Police, Manu Maharaj said.
A country-made double barrel gun, five ammunitions and a mobile phone was seized from the ultra, he said.
A native of Mishrawalia village, the outlaw was recently made the commander of the Maoist outfit of Soneganga-Vindhyachal zone.
The ultra was wanted in 16 cases of various crimes, including the murder of DSP Sidheshwar Prasad in 2006 and sub-inspector Rajkishore Singh in 2005, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy