Maoist zonal commander held in Bihar
Sasaram: A Maoist zonal commander, wanted in the murder of two police officers, was arrested on Sunday with arms and ammunitions from Bihar`s Rohtas district.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided a brick kiln at Godaila village and arrested the self-styled zonal commander JP alias Bajrangi Thakur, Superintendent of Police, Manu Maharaj said.
A country-made double barrel gun, five ammunitions and a mobile phone was seized from the ultra, he said.
A native of Mishrawalia village, the outlaw was recently made the commander of the Maoist outfit of Soneganga-Vindhyachal zone.
The ultra was wanted in 16 cases of various crimes, including the murder of DSP Sidheshwar Prasad in 2006 and sub-inspector Rajkishore Singh in 2005, the SP added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!