Map row; case law filed to justify charges against Rahul Bajaj
New Delhi: The relevant case laws were filed on Tuesday in the Delhi High Court in support of a plea seeking prosecution of industrialist and Rajya Sabha MP Rahul Bajaj
for allegedly posting a disfigured map of India on the website of his insurance partner, Allianz.
"The list of documents, including the relevant case laws, has been filed. They be taken on record. Now, put up for further hearing and order on October 25," Metropolitan
Magistrate Navita Kumari Bagha said.
One of the complainants, Sanjay Sachdeva, in pursuance of the earlier order, filed various judgements of superior courts in support their claim saying "the industrialist can be prosecuted for sedition and other offences under the IPC, the IT Act and the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act."
The magistrate, who has recently taken over the charge, said she needed more time to go through the case file. Earlier, the predecessor judge had asked complainants to supplement their allegations with relevant case laws.
The complaint seeks to summon and prosecute Bajaj because the website of his insurance joint venture company, Germany`s Allianz, allegedly carried a India map with Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh in Pakistan and China respectively.
"The "disfigured" map was in contravention of India`s territory as defined in the Constitution," Sachdeva said. Bajaj has an insurance business JV with Allianz. The court, earlier recorded statements of Sachdeva and other complainants Harsh Malhotra and Sonu Rangi to ascertain the veracity of the allegations.
Sachdeva, a member of the Delhi Pradesh National Panthers Party, has sought prosecution of Bajaj for sedition charges on the grounds that the disfigurement of India map was an "anti-national" act.
Responding to the allegations, Bajaj had earlier told PTI that the portal, which depicted the map with the reported discrepancy, belonged to his company`s insurance venture
partner, Allianz. The complaint, on the other hand, alleged that "in the website (allianz.com)... he intentionally... depicted the state of Jammu and Kashmir as a part of Pakistan and Arunachal Pradesh as a part of China."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks