Married couple arrested for duping unemployed youth
New Delhi: Police have arrested a married couple involved in duping unemployed youth of their money on the pretext of providing them jobs abroad.
The accused, identified as Dharmesh and Ashu Doshi, resident of East Patel Nagar, ran a consulting agency through which they used to con youth seeking jobs in airlines based in Indonesia, Libya, New Guinea, the Philippines and Malaysia.
According to police, the couple had floated the company, Ventures Overseas Ltd, and also established `Venture Overseas Consulting Service` in Malaysia.
The duo used to conduct written test and interviews of prospective candidates and persuade them to make initial payments, promising appointments, police said.
The agency allegedly deployed 170 Indians, to work with Venture Overseas Consulting Service, Malaysia where the workers were not provided with work permits.
These workers there were sent to detention home, they said.
Police have registered a case of cheating against the accused and further investigation are underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days