Married couple arrested for duping unemployed youth
New Delhi: Police have arrested a married couple involved in duping unemployed youth of their money on the pretext of providing them jobs abroad.
The accused, identified as Dharmesh and Ashu Doshi, resident of East Patel Nagar, ran a consulting agency through which they used to con youth seeking jobs in airlines based in Indonesia, Libya, New Guinea, the Philippines and Malaysia.
According to police, the couple had floated the company, Ventures Overseas Ltd, and also established `Venture Overseas Consulting Service` in Malaysia.
The duo used to conduct written test and interviews of prospective candidates and persuade them to make initial payments, promising appointments, police said.
The agency allegedly deployed 170 Indians, to work with Venture Overseas Consulting Service, Malaysia where the workers were not provided with work permits.
These workers there were sent to detention home, they said.
Police have registered a case of cheating against the accused and further investigation are underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress