Married couple arrested for duping unemployed youth
New Delhi: Police have arrested a married couple involved in duping unemployed youth of their money on the pretext of providing them jobs abroad.
The accused, identified as Dharmesh and Ashu Doshi, resident of East Patel Nagar, ran a consulting agency through which they used to con youth seeking jobs in airlines based in Indonesia, Libya, New Guinea, the Philippines and Malaysia.
According to police, the couple had floated the company, Ventures Overseas Ltd, and also established `Venture Overseas Consulting Service` in Malaysia.
The duo used to conduct written test and interviews of prospective candidates and persuade them to make initial payments, promising appointments, police said.
The agency allegedly deployed 170 Indians, to work with Venture Overseas Consulting Service, Malaysia where the workers were not provided with work permits.
These workers there were sent to detention home, they said.
Police have registered a case of cheating against the accused and further investigation are underway.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed