Mason gets 10 years in jail for raping woman labourer
New Delhi: A 38-year-old mason has been sentenced to 10 years imprisonment by a Delhi court for raping a young woman who had come from Madhya Pradesh with her mother to work as a labourer at a construction site here.
Additional Sessions Judge MC Gupta awarded the jail term to Uttar Pradesh native Raj Kumar Gupta for raping the woman thrice, at her rented accommodation, in March 2010.
"Having regard to the facts and circumstances of the case coupled with the submissions made by the convict, I am of the opinion that the ends of justice can be met by sentencing convict Raj Kumar Gupta to undergo rigorous imprisonment for a period of ten years and to pay a fine of Rs 10,000 under section 376 (rape) of the IPC," the judge said.
According to the prosecution, the victim, who was 20-year-old at the time of commission of offence, was raped by Gupta at her accommodation in sector 22, Rohini here.
The victim, a native of Panna in Madhya Pradesh, in her complaint had said that she had come to Delhi along with her mother and younger siblings to work at a construction site.
She had alleged that Gupta, who used to live in the same locality, came to her home one day when she was alone and raped her and thereafter, he raped her on two more occasions and threatened her to not tell anyone.
She had then returned to her native place in May 2010, but Gupta had followed her to the village to allegedly kill her. He had, however, fled from there when the victim`s brother had called villagers for help, the prosecution had said.
Subsequently, the victim disclosed to her mother that she had been raped thrice by Gupta and a case of rape was lodged against him in Panna in June 2010, the prosecution had said, adding that Gupta was arrested in December 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks