Mason gets seven years in jail for raping neighbou
New Delhi: A 55-year-old mason, convicted for illegally confining and raping his neighbour, has been sentenced to seven years in jail by a fast-track court here.
Additional sessions judge TR Naval held Uttar Pradesh- resident Irshad Thekedar guilty of raping the victim, saying the "circumstantial and scientific evidence" prove he had "forcibly committed sexual intercourse" with her.
"In view of the evidence on record... It is held that prosecution has successfully proved its case against the accused Irshad Thekedar that he confined prosecutrix in her room and performed sexual intercourse with her forcibly against her will.”
"Accordingly... Irshad is sentenced to undergo rigorous imprisonment for seven years," the judge said, imposing a cost of Rs 10,500 on the convict.
According to the prose
Irshad had gone to the victim`s home on the night of January 5 and requested her husband to buy liquor for him, the prosecution said.
It also said that after her husband left for market, Irshad bolted the room from inside and raped her.
"...When the victim`s husband came back and knocked on the door, accused after opening the door escaped from the spot," the prosecution said.
The court in May had framed charges against Irshad for the offences of wrongful confinement and rape under IPC.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani