Mason gets seven years in jail for raping neighbou
New Delhi: A 55-year-old mason, convicted for illegally confining and raping his neighbour, has been sentenced to seven years in jail by a fast-track court here.
Additional sessions judge TR Naval held Uttar Pradesh- resident Irshad Thekedar guilty of raping the victim, saying the "circumstantial and scientific evidence" prove he had "forcibly committed sexual intercourse" with her.
"In view of the evidence on record... It is held that prosecution has successfully proved its case against the accused Irshad Thekedar that he confined prosecutrix in her room and performed sexual intercourse with her forcibly against her will.”
"Accordingly... Irshad is sentenced to undergo rigorous imprisonment for seven years," the judge said, imposing a cost of Rs 10,500 on the convict.
According to the prose
Irshad had gone to the victim`s home on the night of January 5 and requested her husband to buy liquor for him, the prosecution said.
It also said that after her husband left for market, Irshad bolted the room from inside and raped her.
"...When the victim`s husband came back and knocked on the door, accused after opening the door escaped from the spot," the prosecution said.
The court in May had framed charges against Irshad for the offences of wrongful confinement and rape under IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department