Masood has company of elderly in Tihar Jail
New Delhi: Congress MP Rasheed Masood, sentenced to four years imprisonment by a Delhi court for corruption, has been lodged with other elderly convicts at the Tihar Jail here, an official said Tuesday.
"Masood will share the cell in jail number 5 with other old convicts," the official added.
A medical check-up was conducted on Masood inside the jail, where he was taken from the trial court.
He reached the jail around 4.30 p.m. after being sentenced by the Central Bureau of Investigation special court at Tis Hazari district court complex in north Delhi.
Special Judge JPS. Malik held Masood guilty of fraudulently nominating undeserving candidates from across the country to MBBS seats allotted to Tripura medical colleges from the central pool.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming