Masood has company of elderly in Tihar Jail
New Delhi: Congress MP Rasheed Masood, sentenced to four years imprisonment by a Delhi court for corruption, has been lodged with other elderly convicts at the Tihar Jail here, an official said Tuesday.
"Masood will share the cell in jail number 5 with other old convicts," the official added.
A medical check-up was conducted on Masood inside the jail, where he was taken from the trial court.
He reached the jail around 4.30 p.m. after being sentenced by the Central Bureau of Investigation special court at Tis Hazari district court complex in north Delhi.
Special Judge JPS. Malik held Masood guilty of fraudulently nominating undeserving candidates from across the country to MBBS seats allotted to Tripura medical colleges from the central pool.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city