Masoud`s extradition: Police seek Interpol`s help
New Delhi: Delhi Police are seeking
Interpol`s help in getting Masoud Sedaghatzadeh, the alleged
main conspirator in Delhi bombing on Israeli envoy`s car last
month, extradited to the country.
Sedaghatzadeh is currently in the custody of Malaysian
Sources said investigators have initiated the process of
getting Sedaghatzadeh, the head of the module which triggered
an explosion in Bangkok and believed to have guided the
bombers in Delhi, extradited.
The police are approaching the CBI to seek Interpol help
in connection with securing the custody of Sedaghatzadeh.
According to police, Houshang Afshar Irani, alleged
bomber who targeted the Israeli embassy car on February 13,
was in touch with Sedaghatzadeh.
The police claimed it managed to unravel the conspiracy
related to the February 13 car bomb attack on Aurangazeb Road
in which an Israeli diplomat and three others were injured,
after finding out that Sedaghatzadeh was in touch with Irani.
Sources said technical surveillance and checking of his
call records allegedly pointed out the involvement of an
Indian journalist Syed Mohd Ahmad Kazmi (50), who was arrested
on March six.
Delhi Police had yesterday initiated the process of
securing an Interpol Red Corner notice against three Iranians
-- Houshang Afshar Irani, Syed Ali Mahdiansadr and
Mohammadreza Abolghasemi -- suspected of carrying out the bomb
Investigators claimed that they tracked Kazmi after
finding his links with one of the Iranians who was in touch
with the head of the module which carried out the attack in
They also said the module had recceed the mission
office way back in May last year before returning to check
again in January and February.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory