`Mass dismissal` of Maruti workers resented in RS
CPI-M on Friday condemned the action and termed it as "vindictive and retaliatory", while JMM demanded a CBI probe into the violence that took place in the factory.
Sen charged the management with making workers "villains" of the violent incidents and said the action was against the principles of natural justice as they are yet to be proved guilty.
Through a separate mention, Sanjiv Kumar (JMM) demanded a CBI probe into the incident that led to the death of the company general manager and sought adequate compensation for the family of the deceased.
Sen said while only 54 workers have been named in the FIR for the violence that took place in the Maruti factory in which a General Manager was killed, as many as 500 workers have been dismissed by the company.
"The Chairman has been saying that more terminations are in the offing," he said, adding that the company cannot be allowed to do so when a probe was on.
The JMM member also demanded that the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 be amended so that such incidents are not repeated in future. "Such labour laws are not fit to deal with these new situations arising now," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder