Massive rush on 1st day of nursery admission
New Delhi: The first day of nursery
admissions on Monday saw a massive rush of parents seeking a seat
for their tiny tots in prominent schools of the city.
Long queues were witnessed at many schools in the city as
parents wanted to get the forms on the very first day of the
admisssion season this year to avoid further rush.
The selling of forms in many schools began at around 8:30
in the morning and continued till late afternoon.
"There has been a huge rush for admission forms since
morning," said Jyoti Bose, Principal of Springdales School,
"More than 800 forms have been sold today, and we expect
similar trend in the days to come too," she told PTI.
Ashok Pandey, Principal of Ahlcon International School,
Mayur Vihar, that has made the selling and submission of
admission forms online witnessed more than 450 registrations
"There have been over 450 registrations, 300 in general
category and over 150 in EWS category today," Ashok Pandey,
principal of the school, said.
"If the same trend continues, we except no less than 3000
applications this season," he said.
An official at Laxman Public School, Hauz Khas, said more
than 500 forms have been sold on the first day.
As per the guidelines issued by the Directorate of
Education of Delhi, the forms will be made available from
January 2 to January 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred