MBA aspirant commits suicide; husband arrested
New Delhi: A 26-year-old married woman,
who was pursuing MBA from a private institution, allegedly
committed suicide in her east Delhi residence this morning and
police have arrested her husband on charges of dowry
The incident was reported from Mayur Vihar Phase-I
this morning. The victim identified as Puja Saini was married
to Sandeep, an employee at a real estate firm.
The victim`s brother, Manoj, found her hanging at her
house when he came there after getting a message from Sandeep,
who was in office, that Puja was not responding to his
Manoj alleged that Sandeep was constantly harassing
his sister for dowry.
"Sandeep told Manoj that he had an argument with Puja
in the morning and then he left for his office. After reaching
the office, he tried to contact Puja several times, but she
did not attend the calls. He contacted Manoj and asked him to
visit his house and meet Puja," a senior police official said.
Manoj went to the house and knocked the door several
times. As there was no response, he peeped into the house
through the window only to find Puja hanging, the official
said. Police were subsequently informed.
On a complaint filed by the brother, Sandeep was
arrested and an SDM-level enquiry has been ordered.
Puja and Sandeep got married on February 27, 2008.
The body has been sent to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital
for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen