MBBS student commits suicide in AIIMS
New Delhi: A final year MBBS student in
AIIMS allegedly committed suicide in his hostel room this
evening, apparently depressed over his performance in an
Bal Mukund Bharti, who hails from Sagar in Madhya
Pradesh, was found hanging in room no 22 of Hostel-II in the
AIIMS campus by one of his friends at around 6 pm, a senior
police official said.
Bharti had locked the room from inside and it had to
be broken open. After spotting Bharti hanging, the friend
rushed to a security guard who informed the police.
The victim was depressed over failing in a paper on
community medicine and had appeared in a compartment
He had apparently attempted to commit suicide earlier
too on February 18 by consuming excessive quantity of
medicines, the official said.
"His friends have told us that he was under depression
after failing in the examinations. We are looking into the
matter. His family is also being informed. The body will be
sent for post-mortem," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail