MBBS student commits suicide in AIIMS
New Delhi: A final year MBBS student in
AIIMS allegedly committed suicide in his hostel room this
evening, apparently depressed over his performance in an
Bal Mukund Bharti, who hails from Sagar in Madhya
Pradesh, was found hanging in room no 22 of Hostel-II in the
AIIMS campus by one of his friends at around 6 pm, a senior
police official said.
Bharti had locked the room from inside and it had to
be broken open. After spotting Bharti hanging, the friend
rushed to a security guard who informed the police.
The victim was depressed over failing in a paper on
community medicine and had appeared in a compartment
He had apparently attempted to commit suicide earlier
too on February 18 by consuming excessive quantity of
medicines, the official said.
"His friends have told us that he was under depression
after failing in the examinations. We are looking into the
matter. His family is also being informed. The body will be
sent for post-mortem," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll