MCD demolishes 18 properties, reseals one hotel
New Delhi: Continuing its drive against
illegal construction, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi on Tuesday
demolished 18 properties in various parts of the capital
besides resealing a hotel.
The action was carried out in Central, West and Najafgarh
Zones of the civic body.
The third floor of Hotel Star in Najafgarh Zone`s
Mahipalpur was re-sealed during the drive due to illegal
constructions while portions of two other properties were
demolished in the same area, an MCD spokesperson said.
In Central Zone, the drive was carried out in Vishwakarma
Colony, Molarband Extn and Pul Prahladpur where portions of
six properties were demolished.
Eight properties in West Zone were demolished and
encroachment on government land was removed in two properties.
The drive in West Zone was in Tri Nagar, Rani Bagh, Peetampura
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!
- Sensex opens in green on renewed buying; up 58 points
- 10 killed as bus falls into canal in Telangana's Khammam