MCD demolishes 18 properties, reseals one hotel
New Delhi: Continuing its drive against
illegal construction, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi on Tuesday
demolished 18 properties in various parts of the capital
besides resealing a hotel.
The action was carried out in Central, West and Najafgarh
Zones of the civic body.
The third floor of Hotel Star in Najafgarh Zone`s
Mahipalpur was re-sealed during the drive due to illegal
constructions while portions of two other properties were
demolished in the same area, an MCD spokesperson said.
In Central Zone, the drive was carried out in Vishwakarma
Colony, Molarband Extn and Pul Prahladpur where portions of
six properties were demolished.
Eight properties in West Zone were demolished and
encroachment on government land was removed in two properties.
The drive in West Zone was in Tri Nagar, Rani Bagh, Peetampura
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon