MCD demolishes 18 properties, reseals one hotel
New Delhi: Continuing its drive against
illegal construction, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi on Tuesday
demolished 18 properties in various parts of the capital
besides resealing a hotel.
The action was carried out in Central, West and Najafgarh
Zones of the civic body.
The third floor of Hotel Star in Najafgarh Zone`s
Mahipalpur was re-sealed during the drive due to illegal
constructions while portions of two other properties were
demolished in the same area, an MCD spokesperson said.
In Central Zone, the drive was carried out in Vishwakarma
Colony, Molarband Extn and Pul Prahladpur where portions of
six properties were demolished.
Eight properties in West Zone were demolished and
encroachment on government land was removed in two properties.
The drive in West Zone was in Tri Nagar, Rani Bagh, Peetampura
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ICICI, Axis banks join Swift's global payments initiative
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Wayne Rooney aims to take up coaching after retirement
- Need for 'Sharia' like laws to check crimes against women: MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Muttiah Muralitharan: Sri Lanka cricket files complaint against former off-spinner for insulting team manager