MCD demolishes 18 properties, reseals one hotel
New Delhi: Continuing its drive against
illegal construction, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi on Tuesday
demolished 18 properties in various parts of the capital
besides resealing a hotel.
The action was carried out in Central, West and Najafgarh
Zones of the civic body.
The third floor of Hotel Star in Najafgarh Zone`s
Mahipalpur was re-sealed during the drive due to illegal
constructions while portions of two other properties were
demolished in the same area, an MCD spokesperson said.
In Central Zone, the drive was carried out in Vishwakarma
Colony, Molarband Extn and Pul Prahladpur where portions of
six properties were demolished.
Eight properties in West Zone were demolished and
encroachment on government land was removed in two properties.
The drive in West Zone was in Tri Nagar, Rani Bagh, Peetampura
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble