MCD demolishes 9 unauthorised properties
New Delhi: Acting against illegal
constructions, the MCD on Tuesday demolished 9 unauthorised constructions by builders in north Delhi.
During the drive launched by the Building Department
of Civil Lines Zone, action was taken against properties in
Suraj Nagar, Burari, Wazirabad, Nehru Vihar, Jahangirpuri and
Mahendra Park, officials said.
Facing flak over unchecked growth of unauthorised
constructions after a building with two illegal floors
collapsed in east Delhi on November 15 killing 70 people, the
civic body has intensified its drive against such properties.
The demolition drive in Civil Lines Zone will continue
in the coming days, MCD officials said adding, it will cause
"jitters" among the "builder lobby" and make public aware
about "unscrupulous" builders.
Last week, 16 illegal constructions were demolished by
the Building Department in different municipal wards of Civil
Lines Zone, they said.
MCD today also removed 80 small shops, including
cracker selling units, in Azad Market in central Delhi to
facilitate construction of a flyover on Rani Jhansi Road,
The shopkeepers were given vending rights but they
turned their units into pucca (permanent) ones, the officials
said, adding, they were given notices and alternative sites
and action has been taken against only those who refused to
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- India to clock GDP growth of 7.4% in FY17: HSBC
- Jallikattu will be conducted next year in Tamil Nadu if DMK comes to power: Karunanidhi
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt