MCD demolishes eight properties in east Delhi, seals two
New Delhi: Acting against illegal
structures, the MCD on Thursday sealed two properties and demolished
unauthorised portions of eight constructions in east Delhi,
where a building collapse killed 71 people last month.
The Building Department of Shahdara (South) Zone with
the help of the police sealed two properties in Pandav Nagar
and demolished eight properties in Farsh Bazar and Pandav
Nagar police station areas, officials said.
The civic body is acting tough against unauthorised
construction since a multi-storeyed building with two illegal
floors collapsed in Lalita Park in Laxmi Nagar on November 15,
killing 71 people. After the incident, MCD received flak for
failure to prevent unchecked growth of illegal constructions
in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’