MCD demolishes eight properties in east Delhi, seals two
New Delhi: Acting against illegal
structures, the MCD on Thursday sealed two properties and demolished
unauthorised portions of eight constructions in east Delhi,
where a building collapse killed 71 people last month.
The Building Department of Shahdara (South) Zone with
the help of the police sealed two properties in Pandav Nagar
and demolished eight properties in Farsh Bazar and Pandav
Nagar police station areas, officials said.
The civic body is acting tough against unauthorised
construction since a multi-storeyed building with two illegal
floors collapsed in Lalita Park in Laxmi Nagar on November 15,
killing 71 people. After the incident, MCD received flak for
failure to prevent unchecked growth of illegal constructions
in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him