MCD demolishes illegal portions in 8 properties
New Delhi: Acting tough against unauthorised
constructions, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi on Friday
demolished illegal portions in eight properties.
The demolition action was carried out by MCD`s Building
Department with the help of local police in areas like
Vishwakarma Colony in Central Zone and Sawan Park and
Shalimar village in Rohini Zone.
"During the drive, the demolition squad and the police
faced stiff resistance from the locals," an official said.
The civic body drew criticism over rampant growth of
unauthorised constructions in the city after a building with
illegal floors collapsed in east Delhi in November last year,
killing 71 people. Since then, it has undertaken regular
drives to demolish illegal structures across the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in