MCD demolishes unauthorised portions of three properties
New Delhi: Acting against illegal
constructions, the MCD on Friday demolished alleged unauthorised
portions of three properties in north-west Delhi.
During the drive launched by the Building Department of
Najafgarh Zone, action was taken against properties in Raj
Nagar I and II with the help of police.
With illegal constructions coming under MCD scanner after
the east Delhi building collapse, the civic body had yesterday
demolished alleged unauthorised floors in nine properties in
The house that collapsed in Lalita Park in Laxmi Nagar
last Monday killing 70 people, had two illegal floors.
Following the incident, MCD has faced flak from various
quarters, including the Delhi government, for failing to check
the growth of unauthorised constructions in the city.
Meanwhile, ruling BJP in MCD today accused opposition
Congress of "politicising" the issue of house collapse.
Chairman of Standing Committee Yogender Chandolia said
the area where the incident took place is a stronghold of
Congress and all the area representatives belong to that party
-- whether the councillor, the MLA or the MP.
The "Municipal Corporation staff have to work under
their pressure," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31