MCD demolishes unauthorised portions of three properties
New Delhi: Acting against illegal
constructions, the MCD on Friday demolished alleged unauthorised
portions of three properties in north-west Delhi.
During the drive launched by the Building Department of
Najafgarh Zone, action was taken against properties in Raj
Nagar I and II with the help of police.
With illegal constructions coming under MCD scanner after
the east Delhi building collapse, the civic body had yesterday
demolished alleged unauthorised floors in nine properties in
The house that collapsed in Lalita Park in Laxmi Nagar
last Monday killing 70 people, had two illegal floors.
Following the incident, MCD has faced flak from various
quarters, including the Delhi government, for failing to check
the growth of unauthorised constructions in the city.
Meanwhile, ruling BJP in MCD today accused opposition
Congress of "politicising" the issue of house collapse.
Chairman of Standing Committee Yogender Chandolia said
the area where the incident took place is a stronghold of
Congress and all the area representatives belong to that party
-- whether the councillor, the MLA or the MP.
The "Municipal Corporation staff have to work under
their pressure," he alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!