MCD demolishes unauthorised portions of three properties
New Delhi: Acting against illegal
constructions, the MCD on Friday demolished alleged unauthorised
portions of three properties in north-west Delhi.
During the drive launched by the Building Department of
Najafgarh Zone, action was taken against properties in Raj
Nagar I and II with the help of police.
With illegal constructions coming under MCD scanner after
the east Delhi building collapse, the civic body had yesterday
demolished alleged unauthorised floors in nine properties in
The house that collapsed in Lalita Park in Laxmi Nagar
last Monday killing 70 people, had two illegal floors.
Following the incident, MCD has faced flak from various
quarters, including the Delhi government, for failing to check
the growth of unauthorised constructions in the city.
Meanwhile, ruling BJP in MCD today accused opposition
Congress of "politicising" the issue of house collapse.
Chairman of Standing Committee Yogender Chandolia said
the area where the incident took place is a stronghold of
Congress and all the area representatives belong to that party
-- whether the councillor, the MLA or the MP.
The "Municipal Corporation staff have to work under
their pressure," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media
- Tata Hexa, Safari Storme to get 1.9-litre diesel in 2017
- MFs asset base from B15 cities up 19% to Rs 2 lakh crore
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Renault Kwid AMT ready in 800cc and 1.0-litre guise