MCD demolishes unauthorised portions of three properties
New Delhi: Acting against illegal
constructions, the MCD on Friday demolished alleged unauthorised
portions of three properties in north-west Delhi.
During the drive launched by the Building Department of
Najafgarh Zone, action was taken against properties in Raj
Nagar I and II with the help of police.
With illegal constructions coming under MCD scanner after
the east Delhi building collapse, the civic body had yesterday
demolished alleged unauthorised floors in nine properties in
The house that collapsed in Lalita Park in Laxmi Nagar
last Monday killing 70 people, had two illegal floors.
Following the incident, MCD has faced flak from various
quarters, including the Delhi government, for failing to check
the growth of unauthorised constructions in the city.
Meanwhile, ruling BJP in MCD today accused opposition
Congress of "politicising" the issue of house collapse.
Chairman of Standing Committee Yogender Chandolia said
the area where the incident took place is a stronghold of
Congress and all the area representatives belong to that party
-- whether the councillor, the MLA or the MP.
The "Municipal Corporation staff have to work under
their pressure," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?