MCD election: LJP to contest on all 272 seats
New Delhi: Lok Janshakti Party on Saturday announced that it will contest on all the 272 seats in the MCD
election which is scheduled on April 15.
Announcing the list of candidates, LJP president Ramvilas Paswan today said the party has decided to go alone in the
hustings and will soon announce the list of remaining
candidates next week.
"Our national executive has decided to field candidates
in all 272 seats in the upcoming MCD elections. Today we are
releasing the list of 43 candidates and remaining names will
be declared on March 15 and 16," Paswan told reporters here.
The first list has 18 women candidates, out of which two
have been fielded from general seats. The polling for three
municipal bodies here will be held on April 15.
Out of the 43 candidates, 16 are Muslims including seven
Replying to a question on how many seats LJP is hopeful
of winning this time, Paswan said, "We have decided to contest
all the seats and definitely we will emerge stronger this
On selection of candidates Paswan said that due care has
been taken to ensure that right people are chosen for the
"The national executive is responsible for selection of
candidates and all our candidates have a clean image," he
Talking about the recent election results in Uttar
Pradesh, Paswan targeted BSP chief Mayawati for her claims
that Dalits voted for her. "Mayawati is lying that dalits
voted for her. Not even 40 per cent dalits gave their votes to
Mayawati," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler