MCD election: LJP to contest on all 272 seats
New Delhi: Lok Janshakti Party on Saturday announced that it will contest on all the 272 seats in the MCD
election which is scheduled on April 15.
Announcing the list of candidates, LJP president Ramvilas Paswan today said the party has decided to go alone in the
hustings and will soon announce the list of remaining
candidates next week.
"Our national executive has decided to field candidates
in all 272 seats in the upcoming MCD elections. Today we are
releasing the list of 43 candidates and remaining names will
be declared on March 15 and 16," Paswan told reporters here.
The first list has 18 women candidates, out of which two
have been fielded from general seats. The polling for three
municipal bodies here will be held on April 15.
Out of the 43 candidates, 16 are Muslims including seven
Replying to a question on how many seats LJP is hopeful
of winning this time, Paswan said, "We have decided to contest
all the seats and definitely we will emerge stronger this
On selection of candidates Paswan said that due care has
been taken to ensure that right people are chosen for the
"The national executive is responsible for selection of
candidates and all our candidates have a clean image," he
Talking about the recent election results in Uttar
Pradesh, Paswan targeted BSP chief Mayawati for her claims
that Dalits voted for her. "Mayawati is lying that dalits
voted for her. Not even 40 per cent dalits gave their votes to
Mayawati," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people