MCD finds `extensive` mosquito breeding in Delhi Police flats
New Delhi: Extensive breeding of mosquitoes
has been found in the residential flats of Delhi Police by the
MCD, which has decided to write to the city police chief in
Apart from Delhi Police flats and police stations, the
MCD has identified several other local bodies and departments
as sensitive for mosquitogenic conditions.
The civic body will soon write to these departments
asking them to check breeding of aedes mosquitoes.
"Delhi Police flats are not maintained well and mosquito
breeding has been found extensively here. That is why we have
decided to write to the Commissioner of Police to check for
breeding of aedes mosquito in its domestic level," Dr V K
Mongia, Chairman of MCD Health Committee, said.
So far 62,73,806 houses have been visited for checking
the mosquito breeding as compared to 59,21,222 last year.
3,931 houses were found positive for breeding, and legal
notices issued to 6,120 against 12,715 last year.
"Mosquito breeding can be checked only when all local
bodies and departments work in coordination. So we appeal to
the citizens, senior functionaries of agencies like DDA, DJB,
Delhi Police, CPWD, Irrigation and Flood Department and
Department of Environment besides management services of MCD
to join hands with MCD to keep Delhi away from dengue this
season," Mongia said.
The first case of dengue was reported in the month of
March. Till now, four cases of dengue have been reported this
year. Mongia said that finding breeding of aedes mosquitoes in
the summer season is a matter of serious concern.
"This may lead to spread of disease in the favourable
season for mosquito breeding i.e. rainy and onset of winter
season, if not checked on time," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview