MCD for no sealing of coaching centres in South Extension
New Delhi: A senior MCD leader on Sunday said a
proposal will be brought in the next meeting of its Standing
Committee that there should not be any sealing of coaching
centres in South Extension as directed by the Supreme Court-
appointed monitoring committee.
The panel had said the coaching centres should not be
sealed as they are not covered under the Master Plan for
Chairman of Standing Committee Yogender Chandolia said
Delhi Development Provisional Authority had approved the
layout of New Delhi South Extension in 1956. The relevant
records were subsequently transferred to MCD after its
constitution in 1958. The Standing Committee of MCD had
finalised completion plan of NDSE in 1965.
Therefore, Master Plan 2021 exemptions are applicable to
the area and there should not be any sealing, he said.
The Chairman said the residents of the area have appealed
to Lt Governor of Delhi that there should be no sealing in the
The Additional Commissioner (Engineering) of MCD has
already urged the monitoring committee to review its stand.
Chandolia said it appears that full facts have not been
brought to the notice of the monitoring committee.
He said the resolution of the Standing Committee will put
all facts on record which will be forwarded to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra