MCD for no sealing of coaching centres in South Extension
New Delhi: A senior MCD leader on Sunday said a
proposal will be brought in the next meeting of its Standing
Committee that there should not be any sealing of coaching
centres in South Extension as directed by the Supreme Court-
appointed monitoring committee.
The panel had said the coaching centres should not be
sealed as they are not covered under the Master Plan for
Chairman of Standing Committee Yogender Chandolia said
Delhi Development Provisional Authority had approved the
layout of New Delhi South Extension in 1956. The relevant
records were subsequently transferred to MCD after its
constitution in 1958. The Standing Committee of MCD had
finalised completion plan of NDSE in 1965.
Therefore, Master Plan 2021 exemptions are applicable to
the area and there should not be any sealing, he said.
The Chairman said the residents of the area have appealed
to Lt Governor of Delhi that there should be no sealing in the
The Additional Commissioner (Engineering) of MCD has
already urged the monitoring committee to review its stand.
Chandolia said it appears that full facts have not been
brought to the notice of the monitoring committee.
He said the resolution of the Standing Committee will put
all facts on record which will be forwarded to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof