MCD for no sealing of coaching centres in South Extension
New Delhi: A senior MCD leader on Sunday said a
proposal will be brought in the next meeting of its Standing
Committee that there should not be any sealing of coaching
centres in South Extension as directed by the Supreme Court-
appointed monitoring committee.
The panel had said the coaching centres should not be
sealed as they are not covered under the Master Plan for
Chairman of Standing Committee Yogender Chandolia said
Delhi Development Provisional Authority had approved the
layout of New Delhi South Extension in 1956. The relevant
records were subsequently transferred to MCD after its
constitution in 1958. The Standing Committee of MCD had
finalised completion plan of NDSE in 1965.
Therefore, Master Plan 2021 exemptions are applicable to
the area and there should not be any sealing, he said.
The Chairman said the residents of the area have appealed
to Lt Governor of Delhi that there should be no sealing in the
The Additional Commissioner (Engineering) of MCD has
already urged the monitoring committee to review its stand.
Chandolia said it appears that full facts have not been
brought to the notice of the monitoring committee.
He said the resolution of the Standing Committee will put
all facts on record which will be forwarded to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!