MCD issues 2,300 birth, death certificates
New Delhi: Over 2,300 applicants received birth and death certificates while nearly 60 people were provided booking of community halls, parks within hours of applying for the same on the first day of MCD`s time-bound service disposal scheme.
The civic body had launched the scheme yesterday, a day ahead of its scheduled start, with an aim to put an end on touts in government offices and to expedite service delivery to citizens.
According to a senior MCD official, a total of 2,003 applications for birth certificates were received at 12 zonal offices of the civic body during the day and it managed to issue the documents to 1,997 of the applicants on the spot.
Six applicants were requested to give the correct information so that certificates could be issued to them. Similarly, 377 applications were received for issuance of death certificates out of which 375 applicants were issued the same on the spot.
Two applicants were requested to get the information updated so that they could get the certificate.
According to the e-Service Level Agreement being implemented in MCD under `The Delhi (Right of Citizen to Time Bound Delivery of Services) Act, 2011`, the civic body has to issue a birth or death certificate within seven days of receiving an application.
If an official fails to do so, then he will have to pay penalty following an inquiry.
The official said 48 applications for booking of community halls were received today and all the applicants were granted booking. Similarly, 16 citizens applied for booking of parks and all of them were immediately issued the same.
As many as 77 applications were received for Health Trade License and 42 applications for Trade/Storage license. These are being processed and will be issued permanent license within stipulated period of 60 days after completing the required formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery