MCD may allow night-time stationing of buses at parking lots
New Delhi: The MCD is considering a proposal
to allow stationing of buses at its parking sites at night.
At present, many buses are seen at roadsides at night as
there is not enough space available for parking.
"We have received a request from the bus association
pointing out they don`t have adequate space to park buses at
night. We have asked them to identify the areas where they
need parking space. We will then make a zone-wise list and
provide them space," a senior MCD official said today.
The official said that MCD parking lots are vacant at
night and by allowing buses to be parked there, the civic
agency can earn some revenue.
The civic agency is yet to determine the amount it will
charge for parking of buses. It has nearly 150 surface parking
lots in areas under its jurisdiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself