MCD may allow night-time stationing of buses at parking lots
New Delhi: The MCD is considering a proposal
to allow stationing of buses at its parking sites at night.
At present, many buses are seen at roadsides at night as
there is not enough space available for parking.
"We have received a request from the bus association
pointing out they don`t have adequate space to park buses at
night. We have asked them to identify the areas where they
need parking space. We will then make a zone-wise list and
provide them space," a senior MCD official said today.
The official said that MCD parking lots are vacant at
night and by allowing buses to be parked there, the civic
agency can earn some revenue.
The civic agency is yet to determine the amount it will
charge for parking of buses. It has nearly 150 surface parking
lots in areas under its jurisdiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan